Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second guide for W@W

2 posters

Go down

second guide for W@W Empty second guide for W@W

Post  WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:59 am

Double-barreled shotguns, often known as doubles, are almost universally break open actions, with the barrels tilting up at the rear to expose the breech ends of the barrels for unloading and reloading. Since there is no reciprocating action needed to eject and reload the shells, doubles are more compact than repeating designs such as pump action or semi-automatic shotguns.

Sawn-off is a type of shotgun with a shorter gun barrel and often a shorter or deleted stock. Compared to a standard shotgun, the sawed-off shotgun has a shorter effective range, but the same destructive power. Its reduced size makes it easier to maneuver and conceal

^Cited Wikipedia^

Double Barreled Shotgun Gun Quick Stats

Accuracy: 3.5/12
Damage: 9/12
Range: 2/12
Fire Rate: 5/12
Mobility: 12/12
Gun Capacity/Reserve Ammo: 2/18
Recoil: Medium-Low/ Little bump Vertically
Reload Time: 2.75 seconds / 2.75 second [empty gun]

Double Barreled Shotgun "Sawn off" Gun Quick Stats

Accuracy: 3/12
Damage: 12/12
Range: 1.5/12
Fire Rate: 4/12
Mobility: 12/12
Gun Capacity/Reserve Ammo: 2/18
Recoil: Medium-Low/ Little bump Vertically
Reload Time: 2.75 seconds / 2.75 second [empty gun]

Double Barreled Shotgun Attachments

Grip -
I like this attachment on this gun, it makes your spread tighter and easier to kill the enemy without aiming down your sights. Although it takes away perk 1 it's worth it, since this shotgun is some what semi-automatic it lets you shoot and accurate shot after the first one. I was playing with this gun on round house and I got something I rarely ever got with the trench gun, a double kill with one shot, I got it three times on that map! The spread is so accurate and so powerful, that it can take down multiple enemies, its awesome, trust me. Below is the "Saw-off" attachment, I recommend "Grip" or "None" Attachments over the "Saw-off".
Marksman Challenge I (25 kills)

Saw-Off -
This is a risky attachment, if used correctly can take out many enemies at a time, along with their limbs also. As said earlier, it takes down your accuracy and range down drastically, now with all those disadvantages comes and advantage, and that ONE advantage is the power, it increases the power to the max, which is a automatic kill at close range. With this attachment I suggest the perk 1 Bazookax2 for range sake. All in all, it's an interesting addition but can be costly, if used incorrectly or on unsuitable maps.
Marksman Challenge II (75 kills)

Double Barreled Shotgun Custom Classes

Map Type: Small-Medium
Preferable Map: Courtyard
Class Name:Camper/Wall Defender
Primary Weapon: Double Barreled Shotgun
Attachment:None
Primary Grenade: Frag.
Secondary Grenade:Tabun Gas
Side Arm:Nambu
Perk 1: Bouncing Betties x2
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand
Perk 3: Martyrdom

Explanation of "Camper/Wall Defender" Class: Basically, stick to one area while playing. Either in a tunnel or a house. Plant the Bouncing Betties in openings that are not frequently walk through and guard the areas frequently walk through. Sleight of Hand works great on this class in the case of encountering a group of enemies. I find this set up does does better in theme games.

Preferable Map: Asylum/Dome
Class Name: Run 'n' Gun
Attachment: Saw off
Secondary Grenade: Tabun Gas
Side Arm: Nambu
Perk 1: Bandolier
Perk 2: Stopping Power
Perk 3: Steady Aim

Explanation of "Run 'n' Gun" Class: I'd equip stopping power because it increases the range and that is vital since its a saw off shotgun, it also raises the power, which devastates your enemies every-time you hit them.

Preferable Map: Courtyard/ Asylum/ Outskirts
Class Name: Close Quarters
Attachment: Saw off
Secondary Grenade: Tabun gas
Perk 1: Satchel Chargex2
Perk 2: Fire works
Perk 3: Martyrdom

Explanation of the "Close Quarters" Class: An example of CQC would be Courtyard, being enclosed so close to the enemies make your martyrdom o' so useful, "A Great Thrill is a Cheap Kill" - Millratt on Martyrdom

Map Type: Medium-Large
Preferable Map: Sealow
Class Name: Covert Ops
Attachment: Grip
Secondary Grenade: Tabun Gas
Perk 1: [s]None[/s]
Perk 2: Camouflage
Perk 3: Steady Aim

Explanation of the "Covert Ops" Class: Hitting the enemies hard from behind, helpful in theme games to trick/flank your enemies and kill them with ease. Grip can easily be switched out, and you can set perk 1 as Bomb squad to protect you from Bouncing betties.

Map Type: Small-Medium-Large
Preferable Map: Outskirts/ Cliffside/ Upheaval
Class Name: Shotty-Sniper Overkill
Primary Weapon: Mosin-Nagant
Attachment: Sniper Scope
Secondary Weapon: Double Barreled Shotgun
Attachment: Grip
Secondary Grenade: Tabun Gas.
Perk 1: [s]None[/s]
Perk 2: Overkill
Perk 3: Steady Aim/ Iron Lung (Depends which gun you use more often)

Explanation of the "Shotty-Sniper Overkill" Class: This is for Close and long quarter combat, this can be helpful in many maps such as Seelow (Where its a combination between CQC and LQC) The perk 3 is debatable of which one works the best. I'd say Steady aim since it effects BOTH of the guns you have.

Double Barreled Shotgun the Bad and the Good

General Tips: Below are tactics and tips to keep in mind, you may find some helpful and some not, please tell me your tactics or tips if you have any.

Go Prone to Reload- After a kill I highly recommend dropping to the floor to reload, I started doing this is CoD:4 and it worked wonders. It keeps you safe while your most venerable. After a while you do it automatically, its helps.

Keep Moving (Even While Shooting)- Stopping just makes you an easier target, I find its easier to get kills while strafing either left or right. When confronted with an enemy jump around or do anything it takes him to keep moving around.

Take out Pistol while Running through a Large/ Spacious Area- Pretty self explanatory, this tactic is to help you get to where you need to go safely.

Reload Whenever You Have Time- This can be a matter of life or death, getting the kill or being killed. Being that the Doubles only has two shells its ammo gets depleted quite frequently, to fix this reload after every kill (And of course go prone while you do it)

Keep in Mind Your Range- Being out of place with a shotgun is being in an area where an enemy can shoot you, but you can't shoot them back simply because your out of range. This can go hand and hand with "Take out Pistol while Running through a Large/ Spacious Area" Tip. If you do run in the open stick to walls and if you see an enemy go prone, pull a ghillie in the mist.

Hipfire- Cannot, cannot, cannot stress this enough, aiming in is o.k. for camping shotguniers but in the face of multiple enemies hipfire is almost vital in your survival.

Aim, Then Shoot- This is when you hipfire, don't get scared when you see an enemy and shoot without aiming. You have the advantage in all CQC even if you shoot last your shotgun kills in one hit.

Please try to keep these tactics in mind, they help.

The Bad:As in all guns they have there strong points and bad points, unfortunately being the shotgun it has a lot of "The Bad's" and here they are.

Two Bullets- When and if you have wasted two bullets on a man and he still refuses to die you often times have to take out your pistol to finish the kill, one problem, all the pistols in this game are horrifically horrible. I suggest the "Nambu" because of its high capacity you can finish him off by spraying and praying with your pistol.

No Bayonet- The Saw-off should have been Marksman III on the Doubles, having the Bayonet gives you the advantage when knifing since it increases your knife range. Who am I to complain though.

Range- Especially with the "Saw-off" attachment equipped you have horrible range, so as said above stay smart with your surroundings.

Unlocked: lvl 29 (Second Lieutenant)

Double Barreled Shotgun Perks

The Double Barreled Shotgun is a great weapon for close range fighting, and Socom like running and gunning through maps, therefore, many different perk combinations work for this gun. But here are the recommended perks, of course feel free to experiment and try other perks as well, its whatever works for you. Both shotgun use pretty much the same exact perks, I'll spruce it up a bit though.
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 765
RTE Points : 43737
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

second guide for W@W Empty Re: second guide for W@W

Post  IfoundAnnFrank Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:36 am

Nice guide but I still think the DBS is one of if not the worst gun in the game.

IfoundAnnFrank
Mainstream
Mainstream

Number of posts : 271
RTE Points : 5911
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down