Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ptrs-41 antitank rifle

5 posters

Go down

ptrs-41 antitank rifle Empty ptrs-41 antitank rifle

Post  WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:03 am

The PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle is unlocked at level 57. It is the only weapon it the Bolt-Action category that is Semi-Automatic. It is also the only weapon in the category that does not have any Marksman Challenges. Like the other scoped bolt-actions it does a base damage of 70 with a multiplier of 1.5X to the Head, Neck, and Chest areas, 1.1X to the Stomach, and 1X to the Limbs. It has a “Magazine” size of 5 rounds and a reload time of 3.5s loaded, 4.5s empty-that’s a whole second difference so reload after 3 or 4 shots to speed things up.

Power
The PTRS is a pretty powerful weapon, considering it’s supposed to be an anti-tank rifle. You can drop almost everybody with one shot if they don’t have Juggernaut, or if you have on Stopping Power (not a necessity).With this power comes a couple of drawbacks- recoil and noise. You can test this yourself, when you take a shot you will see the scope do some jumping. The recoil on this thing is pretty bad, so know where the person is when you take the shot, and if you miss, know where he’s going to be so that you can get him with the next shot.

Noise is one of the biggest downfalls that snipers make. People fail to realize that if you pop off 3 shots, you just appeared for 3 seconds on radar, gave the other people a heads up as to where you are, and if you don't have the insight to check you 3, 6, 9 and every other o'clock position, you're as dead as a doorknob. Now this mistake that I've just mentioned is CAPITALIZED by the noise the PTRS makes. The first shot you take, everyone will know the general direction you are in, the second shot you take, someone if probably on their way to kill you, and the third shot you take is probably a vain attempt to defend yourself.

Accuracy
The PTRS is very accurate, able to perform brain surgery from across the map with no problem. The only real problem I can point out with it is that there are some hit detection problems. Some people may have noticed that you can empty a whole clip into a stationary target and none of the shots hit. That’s a big problem that can’t really be overcome by us, we just have to take it as it comes.

Here are the perks I use with the PTRS-41

Perk 1:
Bandolier – If you miss a lot, you need extra bullets.
Bouncing Betties – It’s always nice for somebody to have your back.

Perk 2:
Stopping Power – That’s like a standard perk for me, not much to add to it other than it kind of evens the battle with Juggernauts
Sleight of Hand – Speeds up reload times, and if you paid attention to the reload times above, you’d know why you might need this.
Camouflage – Keeps you hidden from Recon Planes. This is almost invaluable, I cannot tell you how many games of War I’ve played that the enemy has been right on top of me and they can’t find me on radar.

Perk 3:
Deep Impact - Headshots through the wall are very satisfying, you might need this to make it a reality.
Dead Silence – Kill the sound of your footsteps with this.
Steady Aim – If you like to no scope you’ll probably need this.
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 765
RTE Points : 43759
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

ptrs-41 antitank rifle Empty Re: ptrs-41 antitank rifle

Post  COOP Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:28 pm

nice guide. Like this gun a lot. Definitely a step above of the other BA RIfles. I like this gun with overkill though.

COOP
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Number of posts : 74
RTE Points : 6012
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE xFLawLeSs Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I just got this today. nice Gu1d3
RTE xFLawLeSs
RTE xFLawLeSs
Bonkers
Bonkers

Number of posts : 1115
RTE Points : 7086
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  godonacid Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 pm

I love the PTRS.. some people live and breathe their Springfield though.. I actually used the Arisaka for most of my leveling believe it or not. I always use PTRS now though with bandolier.. not because I miss a lot but if you don't make that headshot or the guy doesn't go down or has second chance then you have to risk either missing again or taking a second shot to finish him. I can survive a long time usually as a sniper so I like to have lots of ammo on me Razz

godonacid
Rookie
Rookie

Scorpio Number of posts : 14
RTE Points : 5678
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  HOTSIZZLE Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm

im not much of a sniper on WaW. i just dont like the guns. the only one i actually like to use is the ptrs
HOTSIZZLE
HOTSIZZLE
Mainstream
Mainstream

Scorpio Number of posts : 220
RTE Points : 6013
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down