Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the art of no-scopes

5 posters

Go down

the art of no-scopes Empty the art of no-scopes

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Summarization and Map guides

No-Scopes, famous in all games with guns, gore and, violence. But, how do you define No-scopes?
Since I couldn’t find it in the Webster dictionary let me just break down for you.

No:
Used to indicate that something is quite the opposite of what is being specified : it was no easy task persuading SiN | Briddler is no fool.

Or is the periodic Table, No. for nobelium, but I don’t think nobelium has anything to do with “No-Scopes”

Scopes:

from Italian scopo ‘aim,’ from Greek skopos ‘target,’ from skeptesthai ‘look out.’ (I doubt Italians play CoD4)

The extent of the area or subject matter that something deals with or to which it is relevant : we widened the scope of our investigation | such questions go well beyond the scope of this book.

So putting theses two words together make something almost magical. If you have wasted your life reading this article this far you might as well read the rest. Basically there is three ways to perform the No-Scope, it is no easy task, it takes a while to get a feel for the gun you are using. Whether it’s a M40 or a Barret 50 Cal. The two types of No Scope methods are G-shot, and YY method. CoD4 has to be the first FPS game to make the snipers shoot (When out of scope) in random areas near your crosshairs, no one sniper shot will land the in the same place. So how can you no scope when you don’t know were the bullet will land well read these ways and see if it is believe able, or just plain luck.

The G-Shot, made famous by ZzirGrizZ, this method mainly uses M40 ACOG. In Zzir’s video (or tutorial) he lines him self up with a car and shows us the techniques of how to achieve a no scope. In his words, “So basically the trick is when you find your enemy and you locate him, you want to stray back to left or right and right as your crosshairs stop you wanna’ fire.” –ZzirGrizZ. This way is all about moving, do not try to hold your sniper on him, this will not work and most likely get you killed. I tried this, it was ineffective, since in the video the opponents were either standing still or walking in lines, and normal CoD4ians don’t play like this just renders this method useless and ineffective.

YY Method (or switch shot) is probably the strangest thing I’ve ever heard of, though it seems easy enough to understand. YY meens Double press Y (On the xbox) it is pretty much called what it is. All you do is switch to your pistol as you shoot your sniper. I use this way once and it worked perfectly to me, the only problem was I had to switch back to my sniper everytime I shot, so it wouldn’t be affective from close range, or if your double teamed. The only way I’d see this way would be cool to use if your messing around with a friend. This technique is pretty unpopular.

So there is my summarazation of the no scope techniques. I’d like to explain how I no scope, it works for me, might work for you.

So here is my set-up,

No Scope

M40 (Blue Tiger)
ACOG
1 Frag/ 1 Flash

Perk 1: Bandolier (This comes in handy, but not recommended until you perfect the no scope so you won’t die as quickly)

Perk 2: Stopping power (This is recommended because it’s a one shot kill to anyone)

Perk 3: Steady aim (This is just necessary to make the no scope possible)

Jump Shot
So basically to pull of "my no scopes" when I am in front of a opponent I will strafe back to the right and jump, almost all the time I do all three actions I will deliver the kill. It takes a lot of practice to get use to, I started no scoping last year! Yes and I’m still improving, in other words you don’t get better at no scopes in one night. Also, if you are behind the opponent, you can just walk up to them and shoot, most of the time you'll get the kill, since they aren't squirming around in front of you. If this isn't working, I suggest you try to make your own, just keep trying different methods until you find one thats right for you. If you end up using my way, I would suggest M40 only because it packs that accurate and powerful punch even to juggernauts, and they are almost impossible to us no scopers.BROADCAST

This map is great if you stay in mainly close quarters, that means off limits out side, on the roof, or in the big broadcasting room. Since this Map (inside) is corner after corner if you happen to run into an enemy in there it is crucial you aim fist and not get the first shot off, the inside is also great for flanking so take advantage of those paths to flank your opponent. All in all broadcast is the map where I get my best no scope games, I suggest you no scope here in domination or TDM.

China Town

If capable, stay inside all time, and if not creep near corners. It is unlikely to kill a guy no scoping across the map, but it is very likely for him to kill you with the gun he is using (Unless he's no scoping too of course). If inside do not stay in the basement, it has three entrances. Even with claymores that is one spot thats not covered, and the basement is a very popular passage to one side of the map to another. I suggest you stay in the apartments upstairs, all of them are great, you get a window to keep track of the game and there are only two or one door your enemy can get through. China Town is at the bottom of the list for best maps for no scopes, as quoted by my favorite show "You don't SNIPE in Carington" - The Office

Crash

Maybe better than Broadcast, the only thing better is the ability to no scope outdoors, rather then hiding in the dark indoors. This map is pretty much a giant rectangle with a tumor on it, the shape of the map helps (I think) get into closer combat areas. as long as you stay out of the middle and that long stretch of straight path on the side you should be fine, the blue house is my favorite area to stay in, you can basically patrol the whole map in three windows. Even though it has three doors its just a great place to camp in. Crash is pretty cool for no scoping, the only bad thing about it is that long run to the three story building, so I would suggest you be sure to check the area before you sprint into action.

Shipment

Am I crazy?-Yes. I love this map, for no scoping at least. But, it always seems I do really good or horribly bad, so basically it means if the team is using shotguns and LMG's, don't use your no scopes. And if there not (Which isn't likely) do no scope. Do not run into the middle, I would stay on the sides so you can avoid the grenades, as long as the confusion. This is probably the worst map to no scope on, I would not recommend it unless you feel totally secure with yourself no scoping. And I suggest if you do end up trying to no scope, use a Barret 50. cal., because if you miss once with a M40 your dead.

Vacant

Since this map is pretty much all indoor, it is a great map to practice those magical shots. I suggest you keep in corners and camp near the middle area, staying clear of the long hallways and the big room. Not really much else to say, just stay near the mens room and that small hallway, and you should do good if your shots deliver. And if you do go out side I'd go near the crates or that little shed, there great sniping spots too, (Who said you have to no scope the whole time). I'd say staying put and crouch walking is your best bet to do good in this map, even though its close combat, they equalled it out by smartly putting the two long hallways. All in all its o.k., even if its a close combat map it has it's long combat too.

Back to top Go down

the art of no-scopes Empty Re: the art of no-scopes

Post  MetalSoul23 Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm

have u seen Sims IV tutorial. I found his crouch noscope very effective,much better than a g shot. Basically, you have to press B and move to either side at the same time you're shooting your sniper.
MetalSoul23
MetalSoul23
Addict
Addict

Aries Number of posts : 372
RTE Points : 5583
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE NAMELesS Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Wow this is great info. These are techniques I hope to work on more and more in my next prestige.

Thanks for writing such a great post ViN. What a Face
RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
Admin
Admin

Leo Number of posts : 1792
RTE Points : 32626
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE xFLawLeSs Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:31 pm

I like the explanation of no. I never did grasp the concept of it.
RTE xFLawLeSs
RTE xFLawLeSs
Bonkers
Bonkers

Number of posts : 1115
RTE Points : 7063
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DIRTYDAN Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Or you could just pull out your pistol Very Happy
DIRTYDAN
DIRTYDAN
Moderate
Moderate

Virgo Number of posts : 169
RTE Points : 5611
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ALDEN91 Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:42 pm

My theory of practice,practice,practice and practice would probably help too.

ALDEN91
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Sagittarius Number of posts : 26
RTE Points : 5594
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE xFLawLeSs Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:16 pm

ALDEN91 wrote:My theory of practice,practice,practice and practice would probably help too.

Im more trial and error, but that doesn't make you "Weird"
RTE xFLawLeSs
RTE xFLawLeSs
Bonkers
Bonkers

Number of posts : 1115
RTE Points : 7063
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content