Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sniper breakdown

Go down

sniper breakdown Empty sniper breakdown

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm

=====
M40
=====
|================================================= ===|
|Damage | Rate of Fire | Reload Time |
|----------------------------------------------------|
|70------------|Bolt Action----------|1.1 Second (First Round) |
|--------------|70 RPM Maximum-----|0.4 Seconds (Next Round) |
Hardcore: Good
Regular: Great

=====
M21
=====
|==========================================|
|------------------------------------------------------|
|70-------------| Single shot----------| 2.5 Seconds |
|---------------| Up to 1200 RPM------| (3.1 Empty) |
Hardcore: Best
Regular: Worst

==========
Dragunov
==========
|-----------------------------------------------------|
|70-------------| Single shot---------| 2.75 Seconds |
|---------------| Up to 1200 RPM-----| (3.5 Empty) |
Hardcore: Great
Regular: Good
Note: Kills in 2 shots regardless of whether you have stopping power or not.

======
R700
======
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
|70-------------| Bolt Action---------| 1.1 Second (First Round) |
|---------------| 70 RPM Maximum----| 0.4 Seconds (Next Round) |
Regular: Great
Note: The R700 has 50% more sway than the other sniper rifles.

=========
.50 Cal
=========
|=============================================|
|--------------------------------------------------------|
|70-------------| Single shot---------| 4.1 Seconds |
|---------------| Up to 1200 RPM-----| (4.6 Empty) |
|=============================================|
Regular: Best

SCALE:
Worst-Good-Great-Best

====================================
Sniper Rifle Damage multiplier Chart
====================================
|================================================= |
|Weapon | Head | Neck | Torso | Stomach | Limbs |
|--------------------------------------------------|
|M40------|-1.5--|-1.5--|-1.1---|-1.1------|-1.0--|
|M21------|-1.5--|-1.1--|-1.1---|-1.0------|-1.0--|
|Dragunov-|-1.5--|-1.5--|-1.5---|-1.0------|-1.0--|
|R700-----|-1.5--|-1.5--|-1.5---|-1.1------|-1.0--|
|.50 Cal---|-1.5--|-1.5--|-1.5---|-1.1------|-1.0--|
|================================================= |

Back to top Go down

sniper breakdown Empty Re: sniper breakdown

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Here is my review for M21.

The M21.

Damage:
The M21 is the weakest sniper, and by weakest I mean least amount of power, not most useless. The M21 usually takes about 2-3 shots to the body (with stopping power). This is easy since it has VERY LITTLE recoil, and with the fire rate, it makes it even easier.

Recoil:
Like I said, the M21 has very little recoil, possibly none, which makes it easy to very rapid shots at a target without your scope flying all over the place. This also makes it easy to get headshots. If you get good enough to get a decent amount of average headshots, then I suggest, Juggernaut, Overkill, or UAV Jammer.

Reccomendations:
I reccomend you use this gun with Claymores - for SnD, Bandolier - for Team Deathmatch game types, Stopping Power (for your pistol), and Dead Silence - for SnD, and Last Stand (if you have Stopping Power - for Team Deathmatch gametypes.

Tips:
Here are some useful tips for sniping with the M21:
- Rapidly fire near the head, remember, it has no recoil
- Never ACOG this gun, it doesn't deserve to be treated that way
- Don't try to get the "One Shot Snipes" with a body shot, not powerful enough
- Try steady aim and noscope, if you don't like switching to your pistol
- If your not good at headshots, aim near body and fire triple bursts of shots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 pm

The Barrett M82 is a .50 caliber semi-automatic sniper rifle. Unlocked at Level 49, it is the last of the sniper rifles to be obtained in the game. Like all other sniper rifles it does a base damage of 70 without stopping power. Subsequent damage mulitpliers are as follows: Head-1.5; Chest-1.5; Limbs 1. Allthough my source says the maximum ammunition is 90 RDS, I recall it only being 70RDS. Reload times are 4.1s With ammunition left in magazine, 4.6s empty which should convince you to reload after 5 or 6 shots.
Like all the other sinper rifles, the ACOG scope can be unlocked after 100 total kills, but this reduces range from 10x to 4x, but keeps the radar visible when scoping in. With the ACOG scope outfitted on the rifle you loose the ability to hold your breath, so crouch, move slightly, or go prone to attempt to keep the rifle steady. Also, like all the other sniper rifles, the .50Cal cannot be outfitted with a suppressor, but in all actuality, it can contrary to popular belief, allthough it isn't reccomended by Barrett.

Power
The .50Cal is a powerful rifle, contender for the most powerful rifle in the game. The .50Cal can drop almost everybody in 1 shot with Stopping Power on, assuming they do not have Juggernaut. With this power comes repercussions-recoil and noise. The recoil on the .50Cal causes the barrel to jump at least 6 inches-1 foot off the target, and this can only be an advantage if you're aiming low, or spamming it because an AR user is comming at you. If you know that you cannot make the kill within 2-3 shots do not even attempt to pull the trigger, the only thing you will accomplish is giving away your position on radar and making lots of noise thereby giving the target a chance to turn towards you and kill you.

Noise is one of the biggest downfalls that snipers make. People fail to realize that if you pop off 5 shots, you just appeared for 5 seconds on radar, gave the other people a heads up as to where you are, and if you don't have the insight to check you 3, 6, 9 and every other o'clock position, you're as dead as a doorknob. Now this mistake that I've just mentioned is CAPITALIZED by the noise the .50Cal makes. The first shot you take, everyone will know the general direction you are in, the second shot you take, someone if probably on their way to kill you, the thrid shot you take tells that guy exactly where you are, and the fourth shot you take is probably a vain attempt to defend yourself.

Accuracy
As many people would guess, the .50Cal is very accurate, being able to paint the wall red with someone's blood from across the map without much, if any difficulty. Now for some reason, when you shoot, there is a lag time between shot taken and target being hit. I haven't calculated but it's somewhere around .3s-.7s of lag time before the target is actually impacted. This can be seen if you shoot a still target, it won't hit by the time you expect it to. With this being said, you will have to aim further out when leading your target than you would with other sniper rifles, not much, but after missing 10 times, you'll realize what I'm talking about. This makes moving target headshots a hell of a lot harder to master, but with time you can do it.

Here are a few perks that I use with the .50Cal, results will vary, so don't take these to heart.
Perk 1
Bandolier -- If you miss a lot, this is invaluable seeing as you only get 30 total rounds without it, and the extra distance needed when leading the target can throw you off.
Claymore 2x -- You can't always watch your back. These are also helpful for getting random kills and pissing people off.

Perk 2
Stopping Power -- Not much I need to say since everyone knows that it does, just make sure you use it.

Perk 3
Dead Impact -- Get those headshots through walls without losing damage.
Extreme Conditioning -- I dont use it, but people like to get where they're going without stopping, so this is a good asset.
Iron Lungs -- Doubles the time that you hold your breath, somtimes can seem like you've held it for at least 15 secs... It'll keep you steady so you can keep on your target.
Dead Silence -- Well hell, since the rifle makes all that noise, shouldn't you at least be the one being quiet? You can sneak around, get easier headshots, determine whether someone is coming because when you move around you don't make anymore noise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 pm

he M40A3 Tactical Sniperrifle.
-(A snipers guide)-
Introduction
It has and will be said dozens of times, the M40A3 is one of the best (if not the best) sniperrifles in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It has incredible accuracy when firing from almost any stance (Prone, Crouch, Standing, Jump, …) but its main strength is the very small recoil when firing multiple shots after one another. (R700 will do far worse under the same conditions) Well it does have a recoil, but after each shot is made, a new round has to be put in the barrel and you can’t fire the rifle at this point. This means the effect of the recoil is gone by the time you can fire again. You get an animation each time the character puts a new round into the barrel. Very clearly seen if firing from the hip. You will see the gun rise and the hand pulling the bolt, ejecting the empty shell and entering a new round in the barrel. Do not mistake this with the actual reload animation when you go out of ammo. ( The character will pull the bolt completely back, lock it and start entering six bullets into the rifle.) At this time you can pull the trigger but the gun won’t fire. Pull the trigger again and it will fire. So you can fire the gun when reloading but you have to pull the trigger twice.
The rifle on itself isn’t as powerfull as the R700 or the .50 Cal, but you still get oneshot kills by hitting the target anywhere on the body in Hardcore Mode. For Normal Mode I advice putting stopping power as perk Two to assure those same oneshot kills. (Perk use will be another chapter)
Anyway, the M40A3 is the best overall sniper in the game.

Scope Use
The M40A3 can be equipped with two different Scopes. There’s the original standard Scope, and the much dreaded ACOG-Scope. Both have their advantages and drawbacks
· Standard scope:
The standard scope offers extreme accuracy while holding your breath. Make a habit out of it to always hold your breath when zooming in. Otherwise you can just as well use the ACOG. The drawback is the time it takes to pull the scope up. For beginning snipers I suggest only using it on larger maps and getting the hang of pulling it up while moving around. Ie. Overgrown, Countdown, Bloc, well the typical snipermaps. If you can master the scope for short range killing and rushing, you are becoming an above average sniper. This will also be the point where a lot of people will start calling you a cheater J
· ACOG Scope:
Aaaaah the ACOG. Whined over, cursed into oblivion, cried over, … A lot of people can’t stand it and won’t use it on a boltaction rifle. Too bad because the ACOG is a monster for close combat and rushing snipers. It has a very fast pull-up time but sacrifices accuracy especially over larger distances. The gun has the same accuracy (it’s the same gun afterall), but due to the wobble you will mis the target many times if you stand still. You can easily counter this by moving when scoped in. So strafe or go to crouch or prone when you take the shot. Using the ACOG is the same as using the standard scope without holding your breath. You don’t see the wobble with the standard scope, but it has the same effect. Most of the time you’ll mis the target if you don’t make up for the movement of the barrel. So strafe, jump, go to crouch when using the ACOG for maximum efficiency. What I mean is, don’t wait for a perfect shot with the ACOG, when you see the triangle move over the target, shoot!!!
Now the triangle. Don’t aim with the top of the triangle, your hitzone is the inside of the triangle. So for a headshot it looks like you’re putting a trianglehat on the enemies head. (Simplest way I can explain.) Mostly used on smaller maps like crash, showdown, vacant, … where you don’t need the pinpoint accuracy but the faster speeds.

Camping Vs. Rushing
What do you do when you play sniper? You just sit in a corner, waiting for a target to run past your sights, or you run around picking of targets as they come in your sight. Actually camping or rushing is neither.
· Camping:
With this I don’t mean sitting in the same place for an entire match without moving. When camping, occupy one location and take three or four shots at most and then relocate. Cover your back with Claymore. (Claymores are in a way to the camping sniper what a wingman is for an F16 pilot. They have your back. How to place them is another question, I’ll discuss this in the perkguide) Try finding locations where you can cover your back by only using one claymore, so that you can use the other one for a different location. Don’t rely too much on teammates in public servers. They tend to abandon you when things get hot. (Not everybody, and no offence)
Key to success when camping, is knowing when to relocate and where you will relocate to. I suggest only relocating when you have UAV up. Still be aware of the enemy and don’t totally rely on UAV. Because UAVJammer is used a lot. When you need to relocate without UAV, Smoke grenades can be lifesavers. Before leaving the relative safety of your hideout, decide where you will go next and try to decide what path you will take. Moving without knowing where and how will get you killed!
This is my Campsniper setup.
· M40A3 (Blue tiger camo) –Standard scope
· USP Silenced and smoke grenade
· Claymore X2
· UAVJammer
· Dead silence

· Rushing:
Rushing is not mindlessly running around a map and killing. Rushing is following a well overthought path while taking advantage of anything that can use as cover. So go from car to wall, to… you get the picture. While eliminating any target that enters that path. Be aware of your surroundings, aim at anything that isn’t supposed to be there. Use grenades and stun/flash more then when you would be camping. So 3X special grenade is a decent choice for perk 1. As it gives you some more time to aim. Use them on tactical locations, like chokepoints, buildings you’re about to enter, …
To give an example I’ll write one of my paths.
Rush setup
· M40A3 Blue tiger ACOGscope
· USP
· Bomb Squad
· Sleight of hand
· Steady Aim
Map: Broadcast
Spawnpoint in the main hall, move as soon as you spawn. Up the stairs, enter the chamber with the black towerlike things, down the stairs, into the newsroom with the desk, up the metal stairs, to the open balcony with the hole in the centre, round the corner overlooking the two smaller buildings, back inside again into the main hall, …
There are various paths you can take trough the different maps, experiment with different routes and try to find one that suits you style. You can deviate from the path if you follow someone, but you then better hope to know another one. Going without knowing where will get you killed.
I want to add this, The knive is your secondary weapon when rushing, not the pistol. The pistol is last resort in CQB. And again, watch your back!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE xFLawLeSs Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:42 pm

M40A3 w/ acog does 75 damage
RTE xFLawLeSs
RTE xFLawLeSs
Bonkers
Bonkers

Number of posts : 1115
RTE Points : 7065
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down