Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

m14 deadly

5 posters

Go down

m14 deadly Empty m14 deadly

Post  WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Ok,... so many out there think the M14 is garbage, and the truth is it can be. If you don't use it correctly you'll find yourself in a ditch real fast. however if you can use it correctly, you'll be Dome Rocking in no time. Now I'm no expert on the game, and I'm not saying that I'll beat you or anything, I'm just stating facts, and certain strategies.

Ok, now that I'm done rambling, I'd like to state the absolute facts, and if you don't believe me, than whatever.:

Damage: 50-40

The bullet for the M14 will travel at 50 until it travels 37.5 meters, or hits a wall, and then will drop to a still reasonable 40. However, with a silencer, it's maximum damage range will drop to only 12.5 m.

Mag size: 20

Damage Multipliers:
Head 1.5
Neck 1.5
Torso 1.0
Stomach 1.0
Limbs 1.0

Max rpm: 1200
(note that this is a semi auto gun, so it can only reach this max if you can hit the trigger that fast)

Start ammo: 20+40 reserve

Now that you have this info, you can compare it to other guns.

The M14 is a semi-auto gun, which deals high damage, with high recoil. The reason, I think, that people don't like it, is the high recoil, which can be frustrating if you aren't used to it. With it having 50 damage, it also means that it can kill non Juggernaut in 2 shots, if in range. It's multipliers are also good, when most have 1.4 headshot, the M14 has a 1.5 headshot AND 1.5 neck. Most rifles only have the 1.4 head including the G3. Also, it's second drawback, or advantage, depending on preference, is it's semi auto fire ability, which means it will fire 1 bullet for every squeeze of the trigger. I personally like it like that, because if it were full auto, I think that it's recoil would be to great, seein how the view goes up every time a bullet is fired.

The M14 by itself is pretty good. I usually use it raw (no attachments) however, it is fairly good with all of it's attachments.

ATTACHMENTS
Grenade Launcher (aka Noob Tube, aka Skill Tube)- This is a good choice for people like me who like it raw, but to tell the truth, I don't think it is worth giving up perk 1 of Frags, or Bandolier, simply because if I have one on, I am tempted to use it, and with only 2 nades, I'd rather have extra frags, which have twice the blast radius of the noobtube. When I use the tube, there will always be someone right up next to me who I could have killed had I not wasted my time pulling out the launcher, aiming, firing and watching the grenade either, miss, or I'll kill him, but will imediately be killed by a 3rd person while reloading it. So my opinion, don't use it.

Red Dot Sight- Pretty simple, if you like red dot sights use it. Sometimes I'll have trouble aiming wit them, but that's just me. With the massive recoil of the M14, it may be a good choice to clear up the line of fire .

ACOG- I have mixed feelings about this. If you use it, there is a lot of recoil after the shot, so if you are having trouble, with the ACOG recoil, than use an M21 instead. However, if you are using it as a mobile sniper, it can be good, but either have overkill, to carry a faster, close range weapon, or use Steady aim, because of those toe to toe encounters.

Silencer- This is a really good perk for small or indoor maps, because of the reduction of both sound, and muzzle flash. Some say it helps the recoil, I don't think it does, but it may seem so, because of the reduced muzzle flash. However, it cuts into the max damage range of 50, so if you use a silencer I would suggest stopping power to compensate for the max damage range.

PERKS
Mostly this is preference, but here's some thing's I'd use:

PERK 1:

Claymorex2-Useful if you like to snipe with this gun

Fragx3-Let's be honest, who doesn't like grenades?

Special Grenadesx3-comes in handy when you need to run from place to place, or need to engage several enemies at once, but in my opinion, once Fragx3 is unlocked, this becomes sort of obsolete.

Bandolier- helpful for everyone, but especially the ACOG group who need to spray a lot on close quarters (don't forget steady aim!).

PERK 2:

Stopping Power- great perk on any weapon, but less so on the M14 And here's why. The M14 does 50 damage base. With SP it is multiplied by 1.4 to get 70 (same as all snipers). However, if you are not a marksman who shoots at the head or neck, this could be a less than average perk to use, simply for the fact that it will still take 2 shots below the neck to kill anyway. However, I still use it, simply because with the high recoil, the M14 will naturally rise when shot, which can lead to headshots

Double Tap- Please, for the love of whoever you worship, please do not use this perk with the M14. The M14 can fire at an astounding rate of 1200 rpm, however, to reach that point, you would have to press the trigger 1200 times per minute, which, as far as I know, is physically impossible without a turbo controller. With Double tap, it is increased to about 1600 rpm, which is even more impossible. But, I guess if you want to have the possibility of that, go for it.

UAV JAmmer- combined with a silencer, you can be a devastating ghost. Not a bad choice actually like it is with most weapons

Overkill- with most weapons, overkill would sacrifice power, but with the M14 killing in 2 body shots any way, it is a valid choice, unless you like to headshot, which always needs SP to kill with this weapon. So with the M14, feel free to get that shotgun, or whatever else you want.

PERK 3:

Extreme Conditioning- helpful with the Ghost class, to help you flank the enemy

Steady Aim- very useful, especially to those who want the ACOG, because of it's limited CQC abilities. What it does, is make the cross hairs 65% of their normal size, which helps alot when you need to spray. Do not get tricked into thinking this perk helps ADS, that is all you.

Deep Impact-never really liked it, could be useful when shooting through walls, I personally don't use it that often

That's pretty much it, and I will, like everybody else, show you some pre-made classes. Enjoy.

AP=Any Pistol

My personal class

M14-raw,skill tube
M1911-silenced
Flash
Fragx3,Bandolier
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Assault

M14-raw, RDS, skill tube, silencer (attachment all preference)
Secondary weapon, preferably a SMG
Smoke
Bandolier, Fragx3
Overkill
Extreme Conditioning

Wanna-be Sniper

M14-ACOG
AP
Smoke
Claymorex2
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Ghost

M14-silencer
AP-silencer
Stun, smoke
Bandolier, Fragx3
UAV Jammer
Extreme Conditioning
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 765
RTE Points : 43736
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

m14 deadly Empty Re: m14 deadly

Post  WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm

My experimental

M14-raw, silencer
MP5-raw
Flash
Fragx3
Overkill
Steady Aim

The worst M14 class

M14-ACOG,skill tube
AP
Stun
Bomb Squad
Double-Tap
Iron lungs
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  h1dd3nn sn1p3r Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:14 pm

the best m14 class is silencer/uav jammer/steady aim/bando it is a devasting beast on any game mode,and WILL get u a heli if u have even the simplst skill of hiding and aiming
h1dd3nn sn1p3r
h1dd3nn sn1p3r
Scholar
Scholar

Capricorn Number of posts : 642
RTE Points : 6193
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 pm

have to try it
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
WWW.REDTIGERELITES.NET
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Nocturne Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

G3 FTW!!!!!!!!! no i dont care for the m14 because of the recoil,but nice info

RTE Nocturne
Expert
Expert

Capricorn Number of posts : 747
RTE Points : 6316
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kushburnin Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:36 pm

RTE Nocturne wrote:G3 FTW!!!!!!!!! no i dont care for the m14 because of the recoil,but nice info

yes the recoil is horrible but damage makes up for it in my case m14 silenced sounds rlly nice gotta try that out
Kushburnin
Kushburnin
Veteran
Veteran

Leo Number of posts : 416
RTE Points : 5778
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  zC L ii P z Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 pm

i love the G3 silenced for HCSnD Very Happy
zC L ii P z
zC L ii P z
Veteran
Veteran

Capricorn Number of posts : 405
RTE Points : 5925
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Nocturne Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 pm

its awesome for normal tdm too,but i rather no attachments on tdm

RTE Nocturne
Expert
Expert

Capricorn Number of posts : 747
RTE Points : 6316
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  h1dd3nn sn1p3r Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:34 pm

if u use g3, no attachments is best....m14's recoil is nohting with a silencer,all u have to do is aim just a littl lower and take ur time,dont just spray and pray,and u have to judge wheteher u can kill them reasonably...with my class at least u wanna make sure u can get the kill b4 they no what happens,....m14 was my first red tiger gun evr,got it b4 lvl 50 =)
h1dd3nn sn1p3r
h1dd3nn sn1p3r
Scholar
Scholar

Capricorn Number of posts : 642
RTE Points : 6193
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down