Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution

5 posters

Go down

Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution Empty Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution

Post  xD A F F Y Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution Modern-warfare-21
It is repeated once again as it was the case of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 will not be rendered on 720p or 1080p. Hope there may be valid reason from the developer Infinity Ward to choose lower resolution. Let us assume good reasons.

It has been announced that Modern Warfare 2 will be supporting 600p resolution which is equivalent to 1024 x 600 pixels. We can also say that Infinity Ward has made the compromise of lower resolution. Well, lower resolution favors a higher frame rate and more detail.

In fact Modern Warfare 2 actually runs in the relatively low resolution of 1024 x 600. Anyway, console will in fact upscale this to whatever display resolution gamers choose. PC users will be able to render the game at decent resolutions.

I was pissed off at the news that it wont support 1080P, but then again, their reasons seem valid.
xD A F F Y
xD A F F Y
Scholar
Scholar

Virgo Number of posts : 620
RTE Points : 6348
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution Empty Re: Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution

Post  PsYKo G0aT Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 pm

to render a game in 1080p would be next to impossible. really only the ps3 can do that with "good" sucess. the reason is that it takes up way to memory on the dvd that the game is burned on and would require a much higher proccerssor in the xbox. it could be done on the xbox, yes. but, online gameplay would suffer greatly, and at the risk of slow and laggy games with less obsitcles and less complex maps. ill for sure choose 600p over that. but, it would be nice to see some serious high quality gaming. but not till the next generation xbox, i think.

PsYKo G0aT
Master
Master

Cancer Number of posts : 973
RTE Points : 7009
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution Empty Re: Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution

Post  xD A F F Y Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Yeah, I guess you're right? But isnt Fallout 3 rendered in 1080P? I get that resolution when playing, it doesnt change to 720P
xD A F F Y
xD A F F Y
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Resistance Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 am

RTE PaiNxKiLLeR wrote:Infinity Ward compromises on lower resolution Modern-warfare-21
It is repeated once again as it was the case of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 will not be rendered on 720p or 1080p. Hope there may be valid reason from the developer Infinity Ward to choose lower resolution. Let us assume good reasons.

It has been announced that Modern Warfare 2 will be supporting 600p resolution which is equivalent to 1024 x 600 pixels. We can also say that Infinity Ward has made the compromise of lower resolution. Well, lower resolution favors a higher frame rate and more detail.

In fact Modern Warfare 2 actually runs in the relatively low resolution of 1024 x 600. Anyway, console will in fact upscale this to whatever display resolution gamers choose. PC users will be able to render the game at decent resolutions.

I was pissed off at the news that it wont support 1080P, but then again, their reasons seem valid.

You get all that off COD6.org? Razz
RTE Resistance
RTE Resistance
Mainstream
Mainstream

Number of posts : 232
RTE Points : 5956
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  xD A F F Y Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:49 am

YAHHH Razz

Well I dont think anyone checks that site, and it looked like news that needed to be heard. Very Happy
xD A F F Y
xD A F F Y
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Resistance Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:42 pm

yea i check up on it every once and a while
RTE Resistance
RTE Resistance
Mainstream
Mainstream

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Crimmy Crim Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:40 pm

honestly in my opinion im kinda glad that they didnt go with higher res. half the time when they work on graphics that much they loose gameplay value and i think the graphics are high enough as is. if your able to see your opponent then why do you need higher res? ya it may look nice but i dont think its really all that needed. and like goat said with higher res usually comes slower and choppier gameplay. so i think its fine the way it is and still look forward to the game just as much as i had before.
RTE Crimmy Crim
RTE Crimmy Crim
Veteran
Veteran

Leo Number of posts : 461
RTE Points : 6333
Registration date : 2009-05-25

http://www.myspace.com/araindono

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Deathdealer Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 am

i think keep everything the same as Cod4 and just add new shit and what not and i think the resolution was perfect on Cod4 and little bit better than perfect on Cod5
RTE Deathdealer
RTE Deathdealer
Mainstream
Mainstream

Libra Number of posts : 216
RTE Points : 5741

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Resistance Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm

i say up the graphics just a bit because of the upcoming titles it'll have to compete with but not so upped that it doesnt play great thats all that matters.
RTE Resistance
RTE Resistance
Mainstream
Mainstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum