Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my favorie is the saw

4 posters

Go down

what is your favorite LMG

my favorie is the saw Empty30%my favorie is the saw Empty 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
my favorie is the saw Empty10%my favorie is the saw Empty 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

my favorie is the saw Empty my favorie is the saw

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:38 pm

First I would like to state the negatives about the SAW

Low Damage 30

Long Reloading time (6.45 sec)

Bad Iron Sights compared to the RPD. Good compared to the M60. (opinion)

Not the best hip spread 4 still 10 moving (degrees)

Now, as you can see, these are some pretty big flaws, but here's the advantages I see:

Constant max damage: Stays at 30 until it hits something

Highest Rounds Per Minute rate: 925

Fastest reloading time out of all LMGs. (6.45 compared to 9.7 in other two)

Low Recoil

Best hip accuracy with the grip. 3 still 7 moving

All LMGs are about equal,but the fact that it has the best hip accuracy with a grip. I think puts it over the top. A common misconception, is that the grip improves hip accuracy. This is false. Steady Aim increases hip accuracy. The grip improves recoil. As I said, the 1 exception is the M249 SAW. Which, with a grip has the hip of an assault rifle.

On the weapon select screen, it suggests it for medium to long range. I believe the LMG is a great all around. The reason relates back to hip accuracy. I don't think that the M249 should be aimed down the sight at all when you are on a small level, or building. This is because the saw takes a long time to raise to the sights. So my solution? When you see an enemy, start firing before/ as you raise to the sights. When you do this, you have the chance to kill the person. Even if you think you can't hit them, you may kill them before they have the chance to properly respond.

The worst thing about LMGs is the slow running time. Walking with a Shotgun, Pistol or LMG makes you run at a speed of 100%. Walking with an LMG makes you run at a speed of .875% This may seem like a minor difference , but is actually quite noticeable. That being said, it is best if the player sticks to either providing cover fire, or sticking to concealed rooms or areas.

Also, reloading, takes a long time, so you should only reload when you are alone, prone, or in dire need if you are in the middle of a fire fight, don't even bother. Either switch to your side arm, swap a weapon, or die. Simple as that.

The Saw exceeds at hardcore because of the Hard core people having only 30 health. (The same as 1 bullet) So with the high rof, Hardcore sniping is possible with it.

Attachments:

Red Dot - good for almost all situations.

Grip - Recommended because of the improved hip accuracy. Combined with steady aim, it has the hip accuracy slightly better than an SMG. Making it good for close quarters combat.

ACOG- increased zoom, and ADS accuracy. If you like long range, then attach. But if you want to have a chance at CQC, then use steady aim

Perks:

Perk 1

Frag x3- useful...as always.

RPG- can create an anti helicopter class with an lmg, and these

Claymore x2- useful for camping. well placed claymores can be like extra men.

Bandolier- seriously, when are you ever going to need 400 total rounds? And reloading all those times, you're bound to be caught off guard. There are better perks for this weapon

Perk 2

Stopping Power and Double tap- both are equally effective in killing time. However, I personally would use SP because of it's ability to kill in less bullets, narrowing the possiblity of having to reload in the middle of battle. With stopping power, the saw goes from being a 4 shot killer to a 3 shot killer. Your call.

Slight of Hand- Not really great. If you like to spam walls and rush the enemy, I guess...

Juggernaut- Focus more on killing the other guy, not trying to live him out. This is a defensive perk only.

Overkill- good if you find yourself having to reload your LMG. If you use it, remember, put the lighter weapon in your primary. And in this case, the lighter weapon will be the other gun.

Perk 3

Extreme conditioning- good if you have to trek across an open slot of land.

Steady Aim- I recommend it, especially if you want to use it for CQC. Combined with grip, the SAW will out class most SMGs in terms of effectiveness in hip fire because of it's hip accuracy similarity and the rate of fire of the P90

Deep Impact- for making the enemy have no place to run. USeful if used properly. I for one, never use it properly...

Premade class suggestions:

My choice:

M249 SAW-grip
Deagle,M1911
Smoke
none
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Support Gunner

M249 SAW-Red Dot, ACOG
Any Pistol
Smoke
Claymore x2
Stopping Power, Juggernaut (whatever...)
Deep impact

Run and Gun

M249 SAW-grip, red dot
AP
Any Grenade
Frag x3, none with grip
Slight of Hand
Extreme Conditioning, Steady Aim

Intimidator

M249
AP
AG
RPG-7 x2
Double Tap
Deep Impact

Overkill

MP5, other gun
M249, any attachment
Smoke
RPG-7 x2
Overkill
Steady Aim

Back to top Go down

my favorie is the saw Empty Re: my favorie is the saw

Post  bleach44 Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:34 am

The SAW is good, not my favorite. I like the RPD.
bleach44
bleach44
Moderate
Moderate

Aries Number of posts : 107
RTE Points : 5606
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE xFLawLeSs Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:29 pm

SAW ftw.
Fast
Decent Power
Accurate in burts

Oh yeah
RTE xFLawLeSs
RTE xFLawLeSs
Bonkers
Bonkers

Number of posts : 1115
RTE Points : 7056
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DIRTYDAN Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:13 pm

I think saw is the best i hip fire nubs without a problem rabbit
DIRTYDAN
DIRTYDAN
Moderate
Moderate

Virgo Number of posts : 169
RTE Points : 5604
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGorillaMan Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 pm

I don't use LMGs. Only as a last ditch effort since I'm so pissed off I end up shooting walls until something dies.
BigGorillaMan
BigGorillaMan
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Aquarius Number of posts : 35
RTE Points : 5609
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down