Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: mulkern

3 posters

Go down

Application: mulkern Empty Application: mulkern

Post  mulkern Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1] Your xbl gt:
mulkern

2] Your k/d:
1.47 (used to be higher but i was learning new game modes)

3] Which game modes you primarily play:
TDM, Domination, S&D

4] Capcard or camera?:
neither

5] Headset?:
standard

6] GB experience/rank (be complete):
none really, i just have an account there.

7] Your best weapons/classes for MW2?
I used to use ACRsd with scavenger pro, stopping power pro, and ninja pro, but i prestiged.

8] Which days/times throughout the day can you play MW2?
i have class on mondays and wednesdays until 5PM ET. anything other than that is good.

9] Whats your age and what state/province do you live in?
i'm 20 and live in Connecticut

10] Do you believe it's possible to have fun (since it's just a game) but also be competitive on the gamebattles ladder? Explain why.
Yeah obviously it's just a game and not really that important. Real life comes first. But you can have fun with it and be competitive. losing sucks and we all know it, but it's just the end of the world and there is always going to be someone better than you. you just have to deal with the loss and get back out there and have fun.

11] Anything further you want to add or that I should know?
Yeah, I applied for membership way back in June and attended a few practices but then left because all i played was Hardcore back then. Now that I play regular tdm and such I am looking to try out again.
mulkern
mulkern
Rookie
Rookie

Libra Number of posts : 12
RTE Points : 5457
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Application: mulkern Empty Re: Application: mulkern

Post  RTE NAMELesS Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 am

Yeah I recognize you from a while back. I just updated the app form. What level/prestige are you?

Also, you won't need a cam or cap card but realistically with no gb xp and no headset you probably won't be accepted. You'll need to demonstrate you want to be on a top 150 team.

I would suggest getting a headset (it's pretty much necessary for gb). If you can't afford one and your serious about COD, I would save your $$, ask for it for your bday, etc.

Also, playing in a few gb matches to get the jitters out might be a good thing.

Keep in mind this is not a clan. It is an app for a competitive gb team. You are applying as a cyber-athlete. If you only play for fun then you're at the wrong place. Just an FYI, not trying to scare you away.

add me on xbl and maybe I can take a look at you...

One more question... how do you describe your playing style. Aggressive? Camper? Something in-between? During a TDM do you have some set locations you like to post up at or routes you like to run? Or do you tend to stick close to other team members?

GT= RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
Admin
Admin

Leo Number of posts : 1792
RTE Points : 32619
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  mulkern Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 am

What kind of headset are you talking about? I have the one that came with my xbox, do I need a better one?

I realize I don't have much GB experience, but I am willing to compete, not just for fun, but actually compete on a team that knows what they are talking about.

As for my playing style, it varies depending on the map/mood I'm in. I like to take routs around/patrol a specific large area. I don't like camping because it gets me killed. I can also provide overwatch and snipe. But for camping, there aren't many good places to do so.

I will add you on xbl, just invite me to a game or something. If things work out that's cool, but if not then that's also fine as I understand you are competing.
mulkern
mulkern
Rookie
Rookie

Libra Number of posts : 12
RTE Points : 5457
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE NAMELesS Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 am

You can get a turtle beach for $50-60 i suspect. Yeah you need better ears for gb. I let rubix get away with no headset because he swears hell get one and he's got a good deal of gb xp. Smile

Either way dude, I'm just trying to get you the info you need so you can make a decision. Once we start playing youll be required to be ready on those nights, youll have to learn callouts and strats. Etc.
RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Rubix Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:30 am

with or without a great head set im one of the best people on the team thats why i get away with it if i had one it just wont be fair for every one else id be to godly lol not to toot my own horn or anything like that
RTE Rubix
RTE Rubix
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Virgo Number of posts : 32
RTE Points : 5357
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE NAMELesS Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

RTE Rubix wrote:with or without a great head set im one of the best people on the team thats why i get away with it if i had one it just wont be fair for every one else id be to godly lol not to toot my own horn or anything like that

It is tooting your own horn Razz You would be better with a headset. i just got a free controller last night and i wonder if i could trade it (and throw in a few bucks) for a pair of tb. Interested? Maybe cost you $10 for a pair of tb's.
RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE Rubix Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 pm

interested always man it be nice to get some for that cheap but how would i get you the money send it to you?
o and me and chops made a dubz team were 1-0 lol but we stomped them they were 9-2 before us
RTE Rubix
RTE Rubix
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Virgo Number of posts : 32
RTE Points : 5357
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RTE NAMELesS Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:02 am

Let chops and ryan know that i will have this friday off. And im going away to portland for the valentines weekend. I won't be available again till monday evening, so its very important if you guys can meet either thursday night or friday during the day to go over many things. You guys need to take my course: RTEGBSTRATS 101

mulk- if you want to try out either thursday night or friday during the day would be a good time to really show all members what you got to offer. Smile

EDIT: 3/18/10 (have not talked to him in forever app denied at this time)
RTE NAMELesS
RTE NAMELesS
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down